Cinedigm announced today that The Film Detective (TFD), the classic film restoration and streaming company, will release The Tarzan Vault Collection, featuring Tarzan of the Apes (1918), The Adventures of Tarzan (1921) and The New Adventures of Tarzan II (the complete version of the 1935 film serial) on special edition Blu-ray and DVD, Aug. 23.
Edgar Rice Burroughs' hero has thrilled movie audiences since the days of the silent screen. Tarzan of the Apes, with the brawny Elmo Lincoln in the leading role, introduced the character to movie audiences and told the traditional tale of how the orphaned heir to the Greystoke fortune became lord of the jungle. Lincoln was so impressive in the role that he returned three years later in Adventures of Tarzan, this time to rescue his beloved Jane from the clutches of the evil Queen La.
By 1935, the public was still fascinated by the nobleman who apes had raised, now played by Herman Brix (aka Bruce Bennet) in The New Adventures of Tarzan, Brix, a star shot putter at the 1928 Olympics, needed all of his muscle to portray Tarzan in this tale of missing jewels and explosives powerful enough to destroy the world.
Here is your chance to sit back and enjoy a Tarzan trilogy guaranteed to leave you spellbound!
Coming to Blu-ray and DVD, The Tarzan Vault Collection is a highly anticipated special-edition release from TFD, presented from original 35mm archival elements.
- Full-color booklet insert includes three original essays by authors Don Stradley and Jennifer Churchill
- Original featurette, Drawn to the Jungle: The Early History of Tarzan in Comics, by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures
- Full-length commentary track for The Adventures of Tarzan and The New Adventures of Tarzan II by award-winning journalist/historian, Ed Hulse
- Original feature production, Swinging into Action: The Early Adventures of Tarzan on Film by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures; and Law of the Jungle: The Cinematic Adventures of Herman Brix
- Interview with the film star, aka Bruce Bennett
The Tarzan Vault Collection will be available on Blu-ray ($38.95) and DVD ($24.95) on August 23. Fans can reserve a copy now by pre-ordering at: https://www.thefilmdetective.com/tarzan