Kim Hunter is Dr. Amanda Hollins, a molecular scientist who calls on her son John (David Allen Brooks) to eliminate all evidence of her genetic experiments… most specifically her “Anthony Journals.” Dr. Philip Lloyd (Steiger), an acquaintance of Hollins who is familiar with her experiments, wants to continue her studies no matter the cost! John heads to his isolated childhood home with a group of friends to uncover his mother’s research and destroy it all. There’s something else in the house, however… something watching and waiting… a tentacled creature born from the desire to alter human evolution. It’s evil. It’s mad. It’s ready to kill!
SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
- New 4K restoration of the unrated version of the film.
- New 5.1 stereo surround sound remix (Original 2.0 mono theatrical mix also included).
- Audio commentary with directors Jeffrey Obrow and Stephen Carpenter, moderated by horror journalist Steve Barton.
- Inhuman Experiments – The Making of “The Kindred”, an all-new documentary produced by Red Shirt Pictures (52 mins.), nominated for the 2022 Rondo Award for “Best DVD/Blu-ray Extra”.
- A special compilation of creature effects artist Michael McCracken, Jr.’s never-before- seen on-set footage.
- Still gallery and original storyboards.
- Original theatrical trailer, original video promotional trailer and TV spots.
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- This release of The Kindred is REGION FREE for world-wide playback.
- VIDEO: High-Definition 1080p (1.78:1) Presentation / AVC
- AUDIO: DTS-HD MA 5.1 English Stereo Surround and Original Theatrical 2.0 English Mono
- SUBTITLES: English for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- RUNNING TIME: 93 MINS.
- SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE: $34.95
- Street Date: October 25, 2022